If you are interested in discussing career opportunities with Members Trust Company or would like to apply for an available opportunity, please send your resume to email@example.com
Equal Opportunity Employer | E-Verify Employer
The Vice President, Senior Fiduciary Officer serves as administrator to an existing book of business and as a relationship manager to the Members Trust Company’s trust offices to proactively mitigate fiduciary risk exposure to the Company. This position works closely with the EVP, Chief Operating Officer, fiduciary team members, and other team members within the Company.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversees an existing and growing book of business in compliance with fiduciary policies and procedures.
- Monitors fiduciary administrators managing their book according to fiduciary policies and procedures to ensure satisfactory audits and service standards are met.
- Provides fiduciary oversight and answers questions regarding trust document interpretation and fiduciary risk management.
- Reviews documents and works with team members to ensure proper documentation for all discretionary requests from clients.
- Confers directly with clients as well as external resources i.e., accountants, attorneys regarding trust administrative matters.
- Reacts to various matters and re-prioritizes as appropriate.
- Assists in the design and implementation of procedures, controls and guidelines designed to meet policy requirements, while creating processes and strategies to enhance the overall effectiveness of fiduciary services and the client experience.
- Ability to effectively work with fiduciary administrators, team leads and Fiduciary Team Managers in a team environment.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of fiduciary operational and risk mitigation standards, including the ability to effectively communicate related policies and procedures.
- Extensive knowledge of trust, fiduciary law, and federal regulations in a risk management role.
- Strong PC proficiency, including Microsoft Suite.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to multitask efficiently and effectively.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in business-related field required.
- Minimum ten years of experience required in one or a combination of the following: relationship management, financial, trust, or legal industry.
- Certified Trust and Financial Advisor (CTFA) or similar designation preferred.
- Juris Doctorate (J.D.) preferred.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Travel required for meetings, conferences, etc. as requested.