Members Trust Company, a federally chartered thrift providing personal trust, estate administration, asset management and reverse mortgage services for Credit Union Members, is committed to providing you with competitive products and services to meet your financial goals. We are equally committed to protecting the privacy of our member clients.
Foremost, we want you to know that we do not sell any of your personal information to anyone, nor do we allow any third party with whom we do business to sell this information. We only work with companies that agree to maintain strong confidentiality protections.
Please read this notice carefully to understand what we do.
Information we collect about you.
We collect and maintain non-public personal information about you as part of our servicing your account and administering your relationship. In the course of providing our services to you, we collect information about you from a variety of sources:
- Information we receive from you on account forms and questionnaires such as: your name, address, social security number, and account balances
- Information about your transactions with us
If you terminate your account with Members Trust Company, we will not share information we have collected about you, except as may be permitted or required by law.
Information Sharing With Nonaffiliated Third Parties
We may disclose personal information about you to nonaffiliated third parties, defined as Companies not related by common ownership or control, such as third party service providers engaged in servicing your account like data processors, financial statement publishers, techincal system consultants and programmers, and credit union partners engaged in joint marketing agreements to jointly offer, endorse, or sponsor Members Trust Company services to members and non-members in their community, and for everyday business purposes, such as:
- Disclosures necessary to effect, administer, or enforce a transaction that a you request or authorize
- Disclosures made in connection with:
- Servicing or processing a financial product or service that you request or authorize
- Maintaining or servicing your account
- To protect the confidentiality or security of records
- To protect against or prevent actual or potential fraud
- For required institutional risk control or for resolving consumer disputes or inquires
- To persons holding a legal or beneficial interest relating to the consumer
- To persons acting in a fiduciary or representative capacity on behalf of the consumer (i.e., the consumer’s attorney)
- To provide information to persons assessing compliance with industry standards, the financial institution’s attorneys, accountants or auditors
- To law enforcement entities or self-regulatory groups (to the extent permitted or required by law)
- To comply with Federal, State, or local laws
- To comply with subpoena or other judicial process
- To respond to summons or other requests from authorized government authorities
- In connection with a proposed or actual sale, merger, transfer or exchange of all or a portion of a business or operating unit
- To process transactions, maintain account(s), respond to court orders and legal investigations
When Members Trust Company acts as Trustee or Fiduciary under a Trust, Estate or Guardianship, special restrictions and rules of confidentiality apply on sharing of information with outside parties. Trust account information is not shared for marketing purposes or any reason without specific consent, or as required by applicable law.
Members, as with all financial institutions, needs to share customer’s information to run our everyday business. Consequently, Federal law gives you the right to limit only certain types of information sharing such as: for affiliates’ everyday business purposes in sharing information about your creditworthiness or to market to you, or for non-affiliates to market to you. Members only shares information with necessary third party providers to service your account and with credit union partners as part of joint marketing agreements to bring our services to you, this notice does not provide you the option to limit this sharing.
Information Sharing with Affiliated Third Parties
Members does not share information with affiliates.
How we Protect your Information
To protect your personal information from unauthorized access and use, we use security measures such as physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal law. These measures include:
- Computer safeguards and secured files and buildings
- Restricted access to customer information to those who need to know this information to service your relationship with us
- Use of advanced technology such as: backup files, firewalls, virus detection and eradication software, to protect against unauthorized access to customer data
If after reading this notice you have further questions, please contact us at:
or write to us at:
Members Trust Company
14025 Riveredge Drive, Suite 280
Tampa, FL 33637